Monday, January 29, 2007

Cartooning from Cafe's is good! TJ WALKUP



IN 2004 THE NOE VALLEY VOICE did a pretty good article on me and has inspired me to take my cartooning more seriously.

http://www.noevalleyvoice.com/2005/March/Last.html

It hasn't been a landslide but it has been very cool. Ever since I started working with Goodie on the Documentary http://goodiecards.com

Since then it has been and adventure in inspiration. I have met Morrie Turner (Wee Pals on Creators Syndicate), Ed Renfro (Award winning children's book illustrator from the 1960's), Etu Evans (Martel Man & shoe designer in Harlem, does shoes for Madonna), Al Freni (Time Magazine Books & President Eisenhower's personal Photog), Eddie Locke (Great Day In Harlem Jazz fame). I have met so many wonderful people in the process of promoting art. I may not be finacially rich from cartoons, but I am all inspired socially, politically and photographicly. I have been doing some political cartoons and recieved rejections from some of the best publishers. The New Yorker and such. cartooning for TJ Walkup is going to be a life long adventure, thanks to Goodie.

No comments: