Tuesday, January 23, 2007

ANDERTOONS IS THE BEST!


It has taken so lobg to out wheels on a cart, thousands of years.

Now we have great cartoons. I was surfing the web and I get alerts and one of the alerts lead me to andertoons.com. Wow what a resource for other cartoonists. Also Cartoon Opportunities and the movie Comicbook Confidential. My buddy Rob from (Secret Secret) intorduced me to an artist who has done work for DC. Big Al Gordon, well Al is a jaded and slightly bitter fella who seems to know everyone. He in fact knows tons of people who I either know or have had a brush with in some way. And if he doesn't have some direct connection then he knows their work. Smart guy, the kinda fella who could rule the world if givin the opportunity. Oh and if that world exsisted there would be more comix around and he wouldn't be in comix. Any who, I have been keeping up with Mike Lynch and Andertoons as well as always having Cleven "Goodie" Goudeau on my mind and in my immediate sphere. It has been and amazing two years. I have met amazing people and learned some incredible things as I get ready to enter the world of graphic novels, cartoons and actually getting involved in my community. There are so many paranoid people in San Francisco. It is both a pleasure and a challenge to be around all these people. Creativity fourishes in a paranoid society. The cartoonist are at the cent of everything of value in this culture. They all read so much. To write humor and to entertain the adolescent id while educating them on some level to the value of suspician in our communities. Will Eisner "I always felt that I was involved in a literary form" he also said, "here is a field in which you can take two ineptitudes and come up with an eptitude!"- Comic Book Confidential.

No comments: