Thursday, May 17, 2007

Time to Toon! Cartoons are for everyone!


I have a couple of students that are grown up! They are at a point in their life where they want to explore being creative on paper again. This one lady works at an internet start up and she writes stories. She wants to get better at drawing and maybe illustrate her own books. If it puts me out of business, thats ok. As long as she is really enjoying her life as an artist. Heck who needs money anyway?....uh...I do! Well no worries I may have a couple of years to save bread while she is learning.

Then I have two new students who are just before Jr. high. Great time to get turned on to art and really dig into characters and learn to draw dramatic physical heros. This one fella was really getting into spider man. He picked a tough one to draw right off the bat. The art was so tough that I would think twice about it. And the other young man didn't want anything to do with my lessons, he said he was "bored". Whoops! Some one had an attention span challenge. That was totally ok, he needed to be challenged and wanteed to draw something else. I figure it is better that we find what he likes to draw that way he can build his concentration. Once he found some Pokiemon stuff that he digged it was on! he was sitting t the table doing some great work with a complex backround.

No comments: