Tuesday, April 3, 2007

PAINTING AND CARTOONING AND ENGAGING!


Some times all I want to do is paint. Today I am underwhelmed. I want to get some thing done but lack some of the motivation to do it. Some people know that I have been a fine art painter for years. Some only see me as a cartoonist. Others, like my Moms' husband Scott love just my pen and ink. I love to do it all and I would like to be paid for it again. I aint askin much! Just a token of a payment to get me out of the artstore with some new colors. I have been painting for years. i have painted large paintings of about 13 x 23 feet and small 3x3 inches. If I start putting my oil paintings up maybe some one will commission me. You know what is the most important thing in my world right now? The fact that I just got engaged. Christina has a ring now and we are engaged. Three years later we are making it real. I have been wanting this...and she has too for some time now. The last week was incredible. Now we have to plan. That is the real reason to paint. My soul is more joyful than it ever has been. Maybe that is why I can't paint? I am still basking in the afterglow of the engagement. I love this girl more than I can describe. I am truly happy.