Wednesday, February 7, 2007

CARTOONS CAN SAVE THE WORLD, BUT DO WE WANT TO?



THE ANSWER IS YES!

Why would a cartoonist want to make the world a better place? Because cartoonists are people too. Tons of famous cartoonists have slept in doorways while they were trying to get thier art out. So I offered to do some stuff for the street sheet. I hope they use me as a regular contributor. I know they could use some light hearted stuff and it would be great to see them print my work. I know that it would be contributing to and informative and much needed reality check of a paper. You see homelessness is politics too. It isn't visible enough to really shake the world for change. I hope that cartoons that I contribute will help them become more visible. We could solve this issue in the U.S. if we made it illegal for the state to let people go hungry and homless.